Friday 4 May 2018

‘My wife is a thief, please separate us’

A Customary court in Ibadan has dissolved the marriage between a couple over the husband allegation that the wife had the habit of stealing and embarrassing him.
The petitioner, Akeem Folorunsho approached the Mapo Customary Court for divorce of his wife and the president of the court, Ademola Odunade granted his petition.
“Custody of the eight-month-old child produced by the union is granted to Fatima, while Akeem shall pay a monthly allowance of N5,000 for the child’s feeding,” the arbitrator added.
The petitioner had alleged that his wife threatened his life through constant theft of his money and property.
“Anytime I leave home in search of daily bread, Fatima searches through my clothes’ pockets to steal my money.
“I give her N2,000 every week, in addition to the abundance of food at home, including our baby’s daily needs.
“Worst still, my lord, after her departure from my home, Fatima suddenly came to my apartment, forcefully pulled off the burglary proof and made away with most of my property including refrigerator, mattress, DVD player, sound system, among others,” Akeem lamented.
Fatima, a teacher, denied the allegations leveled against her.
She said, “Akeem stopped catering to my needs not minding that I had not fully recovered from the surgery I had to give birth. That was the reason I carried his property to sell in order to sustain myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Niger junta to prosecute ousted president for treason

Niger junta to prosecute ousted president for treason : Abdramane also said there was a misinformation campaign against the junta to try to ...

Most Read